Monday, July 7, 2008

July 10th - Tea Time with Rasberries

Okay people - tea time in the park is wonderful, I love it, last week was very productive for me and it was great to see everyone. My goodness, it was perfection.

This week I was thinking... and researching... and drooling...
lets go Rasberry Picking!!!

Sauvie's Island, Kruger Farm... according to their blog, the strawberries are winding down and Rasberries are ripe for the pickin'!!! I can't wait - and I am happy to use tea time as an excuse to go out and get me some. So come and join me people! I will be at Krugers around 11am, with the orange table cloth over a picnic table out by the parking lot. I'll wait till maybe 11:30 or so to head out and start picking.

If you've never done this before: dammit take the day off work and come join us! Its supposed to be 80degrees out and sunny. Wear sunblock and/or a hat. Bring cardboard or fruit holders if you want to be resourceful. Otherwise thats all you need. To get there head up Rt 30, its less than 1/2hr north of Downtown Portland. You'll see a bridge to Sauvi Island, take that bridge (its brand new!) and Krugers is the first farm on the right as you head straight down the main road. See you there!

No comments: