Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
This bag you see has so much goodness in it!!! Oh my!
buttons, marbles, beads, bookmarks, a little ceramic dish, a window decal mandala, felty ballz, bath salts, a pencil and a mini Croq magazine...
We had a pot-luck table lunch - and a long discussion of the logistics of the show.
There are some major things we need to cover for the Trunk Show:
- Press Release: Aimee is helping us write this up
- booze rangling: Judi is helping to start a list of wine distributors we could maybe get wine from for the event - we may end up having to buy some there in NY - but we thought we go for the free stuff first - or maybe we can buy some local stuff that will be shipped to NY?
- Forum Promotions: we agreed that anyone that makes a forum promotion about the show should post in on Basecamp so that everyone else can rally and bump it up, keep em active and popular - this goes for treasuries too - announce it on basecamp so the rest of us can rally
- Article/PodCast for the Storque: if we are ever so lucky Aimee will be doing this for us (with her radio experience and bein a professional writer and all) THANKS AIMEE!
- PDXEtsy Sale Promotion in Etsy Shops: this is an opportunity for anyone on the team to get in on the promotions to bring in a few more sales - and we will be benefiting from the added hype! The thought is any shop that wants to participate will offer 20% during the week of the show (Oct 22-26) - Megan will be posting more details for this sale on the basecamp
- Online Give Away Contest: we will be doing some free give-aways before the show (of a few of the promotional bags we made up) - as contests online - we brainstormed maybe a "Where's Waldo" (where's Betsy!) kinda thing that could be advertised on the blog/websites/forums/storque...
- Portland Promotions: we are going to leave some PDXEtsy swag bags around town (maybe 5 of em - for instance one might get left in Powells books, one at OHSU - and someone inevidably will find it pick it up and check it out) with a clear note inside with all the goodies that says what we are doing and to check it out - so many Portlanders have East coast family - this will be fun! and maybe we'll just generate some more local hype about PDXEtsy - and we will advertise that we are doing this is... ALSO we will be sending out Press Release to some of the local media - just in case they care!!
- Media Gifts: there will be 2 filming crews (TV) and some magazines at the Halloween party (where we'll also be selling) and Etsy is making thank you bags... this is a great opportunity. AND as a team we are going to make up 2 special gift bags for the camera guys for the two filming crews. I'll tell ya - I've done a bunch of the morning show things here in Portland, and one reality TV show - and I must say that its consistently the camera man that is the one who comes back to take a class from me or buy something. The camera man is always watching, looking at what is cool. And the thank you gifts usually go to someone else on the crew - so we are going to make up 2 gift bags - that unless there is somebody better - the plan is to give these to the camera guys. So think about if you would like to contribute two samples from your business for this promotional opportunity - if not a few more for the Etsy bags, if we are so lucky :)
okay - sorry for any typos or confusion :)
SHIPPING: Don't forget to pack you bed! :)
monday Oct 15th - come by the glass studio any time between noon and 10pm to drop off what you need to be shipped. I will be numbering boxes and making a master list, and copies :) We all will be paying only for your individual shipping. If you work is good to combine in other boxes, by all means, come prepared. If you want to box it all up at home and come prepared, please do so!
At the moment the last thing I can think of is that I emailed Matt to ask him what the deal was with Sales Tax in NY - Ill get back to you all with the shizzy on that one!
We also talked about how there is going to be a lot going on the week we are there! Heres a schedule of events:
Monday, October 21st- Tuesday, October 23rd
In house design and production, open studio visits from 6:00pm-8:00pm both days
Wednesday, October 24th
Workshops online (http://etsy.com/workshop_main.php) and at the Etsy Labs:
* 3:00 - 3:45 : Collective Business Models and Creative Sustainable Business
* 4:00- 6:15 Sky Guy presentation and workshop
* 6:30-8:45: Reptilian costume workshop/Construction
* 9:00-? Parade on the streets of Downtown Brooklyn with reptilian costumes
Thursday, October 25th
Rug house at undisclosed public location.
All Day: Construction of Rug House
8:00 pm: Majestica enters Rug House for the night. Extended invitation for anyone to come to the rug house and meet Majestica and learn about Etsy.
Friday, October 26th
6:00 - 8:00 Northwest trunk show with Etsy's own Portland Street Team.
8:30: Screening of Rug house documentary as well as Nameless (ruffeo) music video.
Saturday, Friday September 27th
8:00 - 12:00: Majestica Performance experience at The Etsy Halloween Celebration, including: Anti Fashion Show, "The Zones We Put Ourselves In ; 1.1," Fantastical Puppet Rap Fashion Show including live drawing, gigantic puppet creations, back up dancers, sky guys and mayhem.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
We made beads at Aquila - we took over the torchworking table and had ourselves a good time!
Next week is the get together for NY EtsyLabs preparation! We are all stoked. The assembly line will be set up out at the Aquila studio - and we thought we'd make it POT LUCK so bring lunch stuff and 50 cool promos to put in PDXEtsy Swag Bags.
I believe we are also going to making up signs for the trunk show and possibly backdrops - come prepared to get crafty - and bring a lunch item - we're gonna be workin!
Heres the smiling ladies preparing to bead!